Sunday, August 29, 2010

Mom Visits!

My mom has been visiting the past two days. I took her to Golden, and some of the other places I've learned to love here. Last night we went up to Boulder and met up with Zane for a while. He took us to the Pearl Street Mall, which is very much like the 16th street mall in that it is a series of outdoor shops and eateries on a pedestrian street. There are many great street performers and the atmosphere was definitely buzzing on a Saturday night.

Today my mom and I did some shopping for things around the house - we picked up some great outdoor furniture so now Lauren and I can fully enjoy our outdoor patio for the last few weeks of summer. We definitely want to break in our new grill, soon!

Tonight I dragged mom along to the D-Note for some salsa. Though she was reluctant to dance, I think she enjoyed watching. Or at least, she took enough pictures that I'm sure she can watch it flip-book style again later.





Lauren has been hard at work educating the youth of America. Or at least the youth of Denver. Though it feels like she is teaching this whole country's ninth graders with her crazy class sizes. Even though she's coping really well and doing an amazing job, she's usually too exhausted to go out dancing after work and so the dance crowd is missing her a ton!


Tomorrow's mom-agenda includes a trip out to Littleton, initiation into the ever exclusive Costco card holders club, and possibly cell phone investigation. I need a texting plan almost as much as that texting plan needs me. And mom has been vulture-hovering over my current phone for about a year now. Might be time to fork over the damaged goods and invest in a new toy :)

1 comment:

  1. I miss you so much already! Can you come home for the weekend??

    ReplyDelete