Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Home Improvements

Today I added some new pieces to my bedroom. This is what they looked like when I first bought them at the good will:

I got the table (black painted pine) for 70 dollars and the chair (some sort of heavy metal with a crappy upholstery) for about 40. The chair was a real find but I didn't know what I'd find when I tore up the gross fabric on the seat. The table required some light sanding and repainting with an eggshell finish.






Here's the finished product in my room next to a bench I bought earlier at a flea market for 10 bucks:

Right now I've just covered the cushion of the chair in a white pillow case and I've put a white throw pillow on the back. I'm hoping to do some more permanent and more elegant covering soon.









Here's what was under all that gross upholstery:

Clearly sundamaged and stained, but a much better look. Finding something to cover this blue velvet shouldn't be too tough, and the cushion still has it's spring so that's an added plus.














Side view

2 comments:

  1. Emily! Much happiness and success in your new home...it looks, and sounds, wonderful. Will look forward to reading your blog and seeing more pictures. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! You couldn't have landed in a more beautiful place than this idyllic house by the lake! What fun you are having, decorating and settling in. I am enjoying reading all about your adventures in Denverland. Thinking of you always, with love...Bibi

    ReplyDelete